Chicken Brunch Bake
"Chunks of tender chicken add heartiness to this
appealing brunch casserole."
- 9 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- In a
large bowl, toss bread cubes and broth. Add chicken, rice, pimientos,
parsley and salt if desired; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x
9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Pour eggs over all.
uncovered, at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the
center comes out clean.